Friday 5 December 2014

Post-A's

'A' levels are at long last, OVER. After a terribly arduous month, it's such a relief to be not touching those books after I wake up again. Of course we'll have our results to worry about....but that can wait for now yes. 

Post A's have been so much fun no doubt. No sleep until I dozed off at 5ish before we went to watch the sunrise and I stupidly sprained my ankle while running there. 





For the first time I think it finally hit me that I had the actual liberty to make my personal decisions (maybe not the VERY important ones). But with all the time I have in my hands now, I'm determined to fulfil some of the things I've wanted to do. It's feel rather unreal now that we're at the stage where everything is changing, people are leaving Singapore, going overseas to study or already in uni, I have no idea what to expect of myself because all this while I think I've been quite a sheltered child. Ah well I don't know, I'll take it as it goes.

A few days before the MCQ papers I decided to download my social media apps again and I felt so lost, I didn't even know where to start. I enjoyed living in my own blissfully encaved world, yet I still somewhat missed my (not so) social life with the people I was close to. I guess it does get a little lonesome though I sometimes try to convince myself otherwise. I really think it's time I worked on my social skills. 

Also I just finished reading my brother's literature text last night, The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas. I remember watching the ending during history lesson in sec three, reading the book now makes you feel a deeper poignancy, it's a really good story. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but movies and books (the good ones) usually leave a rather long lasting impression on me and I can think it over for days to come. It's lame but it reinforced certain ideals about the notion of friendship; a strong friendship is built upon selflessness and mutual understanding (cliché, yes). Perhaps the friendship between Bruno and Shmuel, the two main characters in the story, was borne out of a mutual need for companionship given their circumstances and maybe innocence, but the fact that Bruno was one to never go back on his word to a friend striked a cord with me. This is something I strongly believe in; unless for some dire situation that calls for it, it's best to be someone of your word. It's a subtle form of altruism, it's how trust is developed. I'm fortunate in a way that I have friends whom I trust in, and whom have placed their trust in me. 

I can't possibly imagine the whole process of making new friends again, I've made some good friends in these short two years in JC, and not to mention even closer ones from secondary school. 

Like I mentioned before, we'll just have to take it as it goes



No comments:

Post a Comment