Monday 4 May 2015

Idleness

I am, rather guiltily enjoying this idle lifestyle. Waking up, having breakfast, making my bed and thumping down thereafter with my laptop, winding up at the most arbitrary of articles or watching the most adorable shows that make me so unimaginably happy. That, or spending my afternoons over at my grandmother's place, reading again, watching shows on channel 8 or channel U as I used to when I was younger. It feels so comfortably familiar... but circumstances just have it that things aren't just the way it was. I shall leave this to be elaborated on another day, perhaps when I feel like it. I can't imagine when I can ever have the time to enjoy this freedom I'm having ever again, when the future is so near yet somewhat far away and you know you don't really have to worry, yet.

I am currently reading Emma by Jane Austen, fifty plus pages of which I had touched right after O' levels but never really got to continuing it because the language was so abstruse I had so much trouble trying to fathom the mere gist of the story. Well three years later, now, I'm intent on finishing the book among a few others because it's an awful waste to watch them settle into dust on my shelf. The whole collection of Jane Austen novels were a birthday present in primary school -- when my parents and I were convinced that books would be something that was the most worth getting. Ah, times where I would proudly proclaim myself as a bookworm omg. I looked at the pages and noticed that they have yellowed so much when in my memory I imagined it to still be crisp and white... it's ok book, I'm determined not to abandon you again.

In other news, I finally found a job (after scouring around Orchard for two days with Stacy and after much frustration) at Cold Stone and I'm quite excited about it hahaha it seems quite fun. I hope I am not mistaken.
"To youth and natural cheerfulness like Emma's, though under temporary gloom at night, the return of day will hardly fail to bring return of spirits, The youth and cheerfulness of morning are in happy analogy, and of powerful operation; and if the distress be not poignant enough to keep the eyes unopened, they will be sure to open to sensations of softened pain and brighter hope."

How brilliantly beautiful.

If I ever have a daughter in future I would like her name to be Emma. HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment