Wednesday 25 May 2016

It’s not just other people we need to forgive. We also need to forgive ourselves. For all the things we didn’t do. All the things we should have done.

― Mitch Albom
There's a thin line between positivism and negativity. I tend to border on the latter in times where I am left to wander in my own stream of thoughts - things that I could have done, could have said, could have reacted to, all that could have been. But I've been actively trying to redirect these 'could haves' into what has been instead. Some days are definitely better while others are more dreary, some are filled with joy while others a certain moroseness. My heart feels more complete with reprise when I am able to absorb positive emotions from people around me, when I feel genuinely inspired by the littlest of actions which might not even be outwardly noticeable to others. But I've come to learn that such moments are simply unique to every individual as is how contentment thrives upon different outlets and mediums of expression.

To me, contentment is largely based upon the quality of my interactions with people and immoderately, the value of each and every action and my fulfillment of time. It makes me upset when I fall short of any of these and it would seem like things then start to retract to the other end of the scale. I'm thankful for this stint I have at the moment - I see it not only as a personal challenge but also an opportunity to start being grateful for every single moment, every piece of time. I am seizing the day, in quite a literal sense of the phrase. Making it a conscious, active decision to pick out at least one positive thing that happened within the day helps to dull out worst moments, even for a tiny bit. But at the very least it not only keeps you grounded and appreciative; it also helps to lift your spirits high.

No comments:

Post a Comment